Delivering presentations professionally and confidently has now become a key element of achieving success in your career. However many people do not have the keys skills required and find that giving presentations is one of the most stressful things they can be asked to do. This programme gives participants the tools and skills to create impressive presentations that inform, persuade, and inspire. It also provides a wide range of tools to enhance their confidence and successfully control their nerves irrespective of the importance of the presentation or the size of the audience. The programme is highly interactive and includes individual presentations with feedback from instructors and other course participants.
Course Objectives – Presenting with Confidence
At the end of the programme participants will
- Know how to effectively prepare and structure presentations for maximum clarity and impact.
- Be able to overcome their nerves to deliver a confident professional presentation.
- Know how to effectively use visual aids such as flip-charts and powerpoint.
- Be able to use gestures, body language and vocal variety to enhance their delivery.
- Be able to adapt their presentations to appeal to the needs of different audiences.
- Have an action plan to implement the key learning achieved and ensure on-going development of skills.
The “Presenting With Confidence” programme is aimed at anybody who has to make presentations to staff at all levels of an organisation or to customers and who would like to improve their confidence and skills when preparing and delivering these presentations. The programme can be tailored for each organisation and is usually delivered in one day depending on the specific requirements of each client and the final content agreed.
One of the tools we use to transform your confidence and overcome your nerves is called the “Act as if” principle. We show you how to specifically use this principle to deliver confident presentations. Here is a short video which briefly explains the theory behind “Act as if”.
I found Mick’s “Presenting With Confidence” course to be excellent – Mick has an innate understanding of the subject matter and thus is equipped to teach others. He was an inspiration.
I can unreservedly recommend this course.