Positive Psychology is the science of well-being. This session introduces participants to a range of evidence-based positive psychology interventions that can both enhance their well-being and increase the level of success they can achieve in a wide variety of areas.
Positive Psychology is a relatively new branch of psychology often credited as being founded by Professor Martin Seligman in 1998. It is founded on the concept of identifying and developing personal strengths, as opposed to the correcting deficits approach of traditional psychology. It uses evidence-based activities which help people not only to cope with everyday challenges and stresses, but to flourish, grow and engage with life on an optimal level whenever possible.
Positive Psychology for Life – Main Topics Covered
Our Positive Psychology for Life session can include a wide range of topics and is tailored for each group of participants depending on their particular needs.The most popular topics included are as follows:
- The role of positive emotions and we can cultivate positive emotions through Positive Psychology Interventions.
- Identifying and using our character strengths
- The key role relationships play in our well-being and success and how they can be enhanced
- Tools available to build our resilience
- Developing empowering self-beliefs and enhancing self-efficacy
Benefits of Positive Psychology
Here is a terrific Ted Talk from Shawn Achor, a leading expert in the field of Positive Psychology. He discusses the many benefits of enhancing our happiness through the use of positive psychology interventions.